Neck pain radiating to shoulders, c4 herniation. Is c4 the cause of pain? Should I go for EMG test?

Previous c5/6/7 anterior fusion and recent c4 herniation. I havr base of neck pain radiating into shoulders and very heavy arms. Is the fusion or the c4 likely to be the cause? Will an emg test pinpoint which level is the problem. Thankyou
Posted Sun, 21 Apr 2013 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 2 hours later

Yes, there are high possibilities where the C4 herniation could be the cause for the symptoms you have.

Also you are right in saying that a EMG (Electromyography) test can pinpoint the location of the defect and help in management.

Hope, I answered your query.
Please let me know if there are any other concerns.