Ask a Urologist   »  

Neck of penis swollen, painful during sex. What kind of specialist should I go to?

Question
My neck of penis area on the right side is slightly swollen. I dont remember anything happening to it but it hurts when I have sex. Feels very soft slightly swollen. If you know what it is please let me know or at least what kind of specialist to go to. The swelling was there for 2 weeks, then it was almost gone. I had sex last night and its swollen on that area again. It started hurting while I was having sex. After that I saw the area swollen. The swollen area is about half inch from the tip, on the right, 1/2 inch length and 1/4 inch width. Thank you
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Penis Problems

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
The painful swelling that you have described can be due to penile trauma or excessive masturbation or a rough intercourse. Commonly it happens due to injury to the penile soft tissue structures.
Other possible cause may be inflammation of penile mucosa and other structures like corpus spongiosum.
Giving rest to the penis and doing some hot fomentation helps in improvement of symptoms. If the pain persists then antibiotics might be needed to control the infection.
Avoid intercourse until it is healed.
You can consult a urologist for expert management of case.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.