Neck mole, no bleeding or pain after scratching, dry skin. What is this?

I have had a mole on my neck for many years, small and round.The other day, I was scratching my neck and the top layer of the mole came off. No bleeding, no pain: now there is just a small layer of brownish skin. I have very dry skin. This is a change but I'm wondering if it is cause for alarm. thanks
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Skin Hair and Nails
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi Dear ,

Acquired melanocytic nevi or moles are benign skin tumours.

Most of us have them in variable numbers.

May be present on any body part.

At any time if they show increase in size ,bleeding , itching , change in color it may be a danger sign and must be seen by a dermatologist or physician.

In your case nothing of that sort has happened therefore there is no need to worry.
I want to assure you that nothing more needs to be done in your case.

Hope this helps you. If you have any further queries I would be happy to help you.

Dr Sudarshan