Neck makes creaking and hissing noise. What is it?

Question
my neck make a strange creaking hissing noise like a cat spitting what is this my gp gave me the name for it but I cant recall what she called it!
Posted Wed, 23 May 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 34 minutes later

Based on your description I could think of a condition called wheezing which occurs because of narrowing of the airways in the respiratory tract due many inflammatory conditions and results in hissing noise while breathing .

There are other conditions like laryngocele which produces bubbling sound and in conditions with cervical (neck) bones inflammed and roughened there will be a cracking noise.

A detailed examination of the neck would be needed to narrow our thoughts and come to the specific cause.

If you can come with any hint from the examined doctor ,I would be able to opine specifically on your problem.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.