Neck is stuck to the left side and made cric sound when trying to throw fist in anger. Suggest?

Diabetologist
Question
Sir, my neck is stuck to the left all of a sudden when i woke up and was passing my stooles in the washroom. I was just throwing up my right hand fist in anger imagining beating up a guy and my neck suddenly made a cric sound. Then my neck is stucj to the left. Please advice.
Posted Sat, 3 Aug 2013 in General Health

Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 2 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for your query.

violent movement at the neck are prone for injuries of the muscles of the neck and nervous structures and bony vertebrae around the neck.

1. It may be muscle spasm or tear.
In this case you need rest and immobilization of the neck.
Take analgesic for pain.

2. If the nerves are involved there will be tingling and numbness of the arm.

3. If the vertebras are involved X XXXXXXX and MRI may be needed to diagnose.

Consult an Orthopedician for management.

Follow-up: Neck is stuck to the left side and made cric sound when trying to throw fist in anger. Suggest? 1 hour later
Thanks for the reply.
Can you please be more specific about analgesic (which tablet or ointment)?
I currently do not have tingling or numbness. Just a slight pain in the right hand side of my neck region and unable to turn to my right.
If you could prescribe a medicine specifically that would be great!!

And definitely i will consult a Orthopedician as soon as possible.

Thanks!

Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 10 minutes later

Prescribing specific medicine in this platform is against the policy.

But I will name some analgesic which I prescribe to my patients in this conditions

1. Paracetamol.

2. Diclofenac.

3. Ibuprofen are some among the analgesic which may help.

Thank you very my doctor. I really appreciate your help!

Is there something like a hot water massage or any medicinal spray or a plaster you think can help? Or an ointment that i can apply/massage? (if you believe that will help)

Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 35 minutes later

Hot fomentation to the area of pain will increase the local circulation and may help in relieving the pain.

Analgesic sprays with Diclofenac are available in the pain and may be used.