Neck feels tight from mid neck to collar bone. What can this be?

My neck is tight in the front all across on an off for one month. from about mid neck down to collar bone. some days it feel like a band or some one has hands around my neck holding it. what is this?
Posted Tue, 22 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Jose Ignacio Artero Munoz 56 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Muscle Spasm

Detailed Answer:

Delighted to be able to help.

For the symptoms that you refer a possible diagnosis is cervical muscle spasm causing pain, stiffness and limitation of movement.

I treat my patients with Aceclofenac 100 mg twice a day when muscle spasm is the diagnosis. Apply heat on the neck too can relieve your symptoms. Please consult your local doctor for a prescription.

Taking the drugs, usually symptoms improves in a few days. If 15 days after starting treatment with drugs your symptoms persist, it is recommended to make a cervical radiography.

I Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help. If you do not have any clarifications, please don’t forget to evaluate my answer.

I wish you good health.