Neck and shoulder pain, pins and needles feeling in arms, tendon pain

Hello i have a question regarding neck pain shoulder and pins and needles in my arms and hands every morning when i wake up,i also experience tendons pains during the day that my hand are not strong.
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 1 hour later

Thank you posting the query.

Based on your symptoms, there is possibility of Disc Prolapse of Cervical spine resulting in Radiculopathy with weakness of hands muscles.

I would suggest you to get MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of your cervical spine done at the earliest to know the exact cause of your symptoms.

Treatment would follow accordingly as per the cause.

I hope, I have answered your query.

I will be available for follow up queries if any.

Follow-up: Neck and shoulder pain, pins and needles feeling in arms, tendon pain 43 minutes later
yeah but it comes with abnormal joints clicking and tendons pain when i keep a cup of coffee or want open the door i feel pain in my tendons as well as i can hear clicking joints often any ideas can it be related to disc ?
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later

Clicking of joints are not related to disc prolapse. Clicks are usually left alone unless they cause significant problem.

But the pain in the tendons could be as a result of cervical spine disc prolapse.