Nausea,urge to vomit,constipation,pressure before bowel movement

I am 47 , 170 cm hight, 76 kgm
I have a very strange situation and i just cant Know the wright answer , somtimes when i feel that i am full and want to pass stool and dont do it rightaway, i feel some nausia and the urge to vomit, especially when i drink a strong coffe, and if i did not go to pass stool like for half an hour i might vomit , but if i manage to pass my stool i feel reliefed and fine. This is an old case maybe 8 or 9 years ago and it comes and go, what could be the problem ? and what can i do about it please ?
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Ravi Rathi 10 hours later

After going through the description provided by you, I feel that the symptoms are associated with Functional Bowel Disorders.

Although the symptoms seems strange to you, I don't see it as a Major health problem.

It seems to me as a simple health concern.

As I said you earlier, it is a functional disorder.

I feel you are accustomed to this kind of a bowel habit. This has been going on for a long time now as said by you.

It is the way we train our bowels that we get used to it.

I suggest you to alter your bowel habits. This may help.

Definitely, there is a lack of fibre in your diet.

You also need to make some changes in your diet.

You need not worry about the diagnosis, here are a few suggestions for you.

1. Consume high fibre diet like XXXXXXX leafy vegetables and fruits.

2. Take 3 tsp of Isabgul powder every night before going to bed which will help in reducing
constipation every morning and in turn would prevent Nausea.

3. Consume lots of fluids like water and fruit juices.

4. If the symptoms still persists even after following the above measures, then considering taking Prokinetic groups of drugs like ITOPRIDE, after discussing with your doctor.

Hope this answers your query. In case of any doubts, I am available for the follow ups.

Wish you a good health.

Follow-up: Nausea,urge to vomit,constipation,pressure before bowel movement 11 hours later
Thank you Doctor but please allow me to follow up
I know and hope it's not a major health problem but sometimes i feel embarrassed when visiting people or in a meeting or outside my home and i feel this "Urge to vomit" and i start looking for the nearest bathroom to empty my stomach and feel better, you mensioned constipation in your answer but i don't have constipation and i think my bowel movement is normal and good most of the time except when this happens for several days or weeks.
I have some questions for you Doctor concerning your answer:
1- I want to know if this have any thing to do with excessive acid in my stomach ?
2- Is isabgul fiber similar to psllium husk or the ready fiber sold in the supermarket because i am not sure if i can find isabgul in my country.
3-The medicine you mentioned Prokinetic group is similar to rantadine (zantac) or omeprozole ?
4- Any food to avoid ?
5- if i want more information in the internet should i search under " Functional Bowel Disorders" or any suggestions ?

with my best regard
Answered by Dr. Ravi Rathi 19 hours later

Thanks for the follow up.

Let me answer your queries in the serial order:
1. Yes, Gastritis could also be a reason but then once the bowel is emptied then there would be very low chances of nausea feeling. This is reason why I have suggested you Isabgul in the night every day. So, that every morning this would help you in emptying the bowels completely.

2. Yes, Isabgul fibre is similar to psilium husk and can be chosen any one of them depending on the availability in your country.

3. No, Prokinetic drugs like ITOPRIDE are different from Ranitidine and Omeprazole. This drug has the property of increasing the motility of the gut in turn which helps you in emptying bowel easily.

4. As such there is no need to follow any restrictions in diet but it would be better to avoid fatty and spicy foods along with smoking and alcohol consumption.

5. Yes, Functional bowel disorders would be the right term to search for.

Hope this answers your query.

Wish you a good health.