Nauseating feeling with sudden bowel movement with pain in abdomen. Took motrin. What is the problem?

Last night I woke up in the middle of the night feeling extremely cold , weak and my bones hurt me. At some point, I manage to go to the bathroom, I felt like I was about to vomit but nothing happens. I sat on the w.c and had a bowel movement, my stomach hurt me and I was freezing like I was in a freezer, I wore socks, pants, sweater, 2 2 robes, a hat and I had a blanket around my shoulder, still cold. I went in the kitchen and took a XXXXXXX seltzer, I wait and fall asleep on the kitchen table, when I woke up I felt a little better and less cold but my bones hurt me so bad I took a few motrin (3 pills of 200 mg), I went back to bed and slept, I woke up 2 hours, I wasn't cold anymore and the pain in my bones was gone. No more stomach ache. I still feel tired but nothing compare to last night.
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rishma Lakhani 48 minutes later

I would like to know did you have any outside food?

As nauseating feeling with sudden bowel movement with pain in abdomen might be due to gastroenteritis due to outside food.

Other reason for sudden fever with chills can be acute viral infection.

I would advice you to go for certain blood tests like CBC (complete blood count) with ESR (Erythrocyte sedimentation rate) with platelet count, urine routine and microscopy, LFT (Liver function test), serum creatinine.

Would like to review with the reports till then I would advice you to keep a record of the temperature and if high, you can take simple paracetamol tablets till the reports arrive.

I also wanted to know whether you are having any other symptoms like cough/cold, or burning in urination or any other symptoms.

Lets see the reports and discuss on the same.

Don't worry, take care.

Dr. Rishma Lakhani
Follow-up: Nauseating feeling with sudden bowel movement with pain in abdomen. Took motrin. What is the problem? 5 hours later

Thank you for replying. I feel so tired and sleepy today. I could stay days in my bed sleeping if I could, but as a parent can't...
I did not have any outside food , the only I had was a soursop juice bought at the supermarket in a 10 oz plastic bottle.

I am coughing and have runny nose. I also have a headache and my neck is very tense. I don't have burning in urination. But I am taking Atorvastatin 40 mg but I forgot to take it for 3 days now.

Tuesday I went to the doctor and my vital signs were normal. I will return to see him tomorrow.

Answered by Dr. Rishma Lakhani 7 hours later

The symptoms of cough and runny nose along with fever with chills suggests that you would most probably having a simple viral infection.

I would advice you to take simple decongestants and paracetamol if high fever is there, along with steam inhalation and warm salt water gargles which would soothen your sore throat and decrease the running nose.

Take rest and take care, you will be fine.

Dr. Rishma Lakhani