Nausea, vomiting, feeling full after eating small quantity of food and irregular bowel movements. Reason?

ENT Specialist
After eating small amounts I get full and I feel nausea in throat area. No stomac pain. Some thowing up, no blood, no fever, no swollening problems. Bowl movement not regular. Not runny or bloody.

Posted Sun, 7 Apr 2013 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. A.K. Srivastava 1 hour later

Thanks for writing to H.C.M. for your query.

I have gone through your query regarding your nausea, as occured after taking small amount of food . Though there is no history of pain in abdomen,difficulty in swallowing,no bleeding no fever. Only positive history of irregular bowel movement.

Nausea is usually not produce by throat, rather it is due to diseases of-

(a) Liver- as seen in hepatitis and jaundice etc.

(b) Intestinal obstruction, and intestinal oedema.

(c) diseases of gall blader as cholecystitis.

(d) Diseases of stomach like gastri ulcer.

Diseases of throat give rise to dysphagia ( difficulty in swallowing) not the nausea.

Thus in your case possibility is of any abdominal disease which can be diagnose by examination and ultrasonography of abdomen along with some blood investigations like- ser bilirubin, SGPT, ser sodium and potassium,creatinin etc.

Till the investigations reports are awaited you can take- antiemitic, antacids,and tranqulliser.

I hope this will help you.