Nausea, stomach pain. Took Panadol, fever went down. Few episodes of diarrhea. Any thoughts ?

yesterday I went to wrok and I was feeling ok suddently I started to feel very tired. I thought is was because I did not get ennough sleep . I only drink in the morning 50/50 coffee before a go to work but since i was so tired I drank a cup of coffee. At my lunch time I took a short rest and when I woke up I started to feel nauseas and stomach pain. I left and went home. I staredted to feel nasusea but couldn't throw up. I had a fever and my stomach was very opset. I drank panadol and the ferver went down but all night the stomach pain was their. In the orning I ahd a few episodes of diarres wiuth no fever. Now I feel better but please read the CBC report and tell me your thoughts
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 52 minutes later
I have seen the CBC report attached with the query. The report is within normal limits and is not indicative of any pathology. Please do not worry.
Your symptoms are likely to be due to mild GI upset due to infection.
However very often infection is due to Rotavirus which normally clears up on its own.

Do take a bland diet, with no milk, black tea with lemon, and yogurt, rice and ripe bananas for a couple of days. Drink plenty of fluids to avoid dehydration.

Get your stool examined and if it indicates infection or you are not better in two days, see your doctor for a course of antibiotics. You can meanwhile take Lomotil twice a day along with the diet I have suggested.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.