Nausea, normal BP, Domstal ineffective, feeling better when lying down. What is the problem?

My mother in law is feeling nauseated for over a week now. Her blood pressure is normal. Taking Domstal for her nausea but not very effective. Feels better when she is lying down but nauseated when seated. She is vegetarian, has vitamin B12 and Vitamin D deficiency. What could be the problem?
Posted Thu, 6 Sep 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Pravin Banodkar 27 minutes later
Welcome! Thanks for the question posted. I would be pleased to answer your question .

The Nausea at her age can be due to many reasons: Gastritis , oesophagitis , ENT problem( ear drum issues ) a common condition called Benign positional Vertigo( which I see you have mentioned as BPV) .

You will need to get her examined by the Doctor for these . Just Domstal may not help much . You will need to put her on a good course of an anti acidity medication , some lactobacillus .
She might also need to be prescribed a combination medication for the BPV from the ENT doctor .

Thanks and take care