Nausea, low fever, high heartbeat, stomach ache. Started after eating junk food.

hi i am feeling un easy and pukish though not vomiting. And fever not much but still it isnt lowering down and heartbeat i feel like is high all the time since yesterday. It all started as i ate junk food from outside i felt that time also fast heartbeat but never felt like having stomach ache because of it. please help
Posted Sat, 14 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Your description is suggestive of mild gastrointestinal infection after having junk food. The increased heart beat might be due to the excessive gastric acidity and reflux.
You may take tablet omprazole 20 mg empty stomach twice daily and an anti emetic like metoclopramide for symptomatic relief.
Your symptoms are expected to improve over 3-5 days. In case the symptoms do not show an improvement then you must consult your physician for further evaluation and prescription of stronger medicines.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Follow-up: Nausea, low fever, high heartbeat, stomach ache. Started after eating junk food. 16 hours later
thanks alot for your reply, just need to know these medicines omprazole 20 mg and metoclopramide would not have any bad effects and are normal to consume for betterment? i still feel feverish around my neck,head and face though temperature is around 98.4 or maximum it reaches little less than 100, heartbeat is little ok at present but pukish feeling is there and body doesnt feels normal mayb due to that gastric acidity i guess. So omprazole 20 mg And metoclopramide would be for all this like fever, symptomatic relief and everything ?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 7 hours later
Thanks for writing again.
Both omeprazole and metoclopramide are available over the counter and are likely to help with your symptoms. Both of them are quite safe and well tolerated.
In case your symptoms are not relieved then an assessment by physician is advisable for proper management.
Hope my answer is helpful. Further queries are welcome.
Wishing you a trouble free speedy recovery.