Nausea for three days, vomiting after eating, happens at night and afternoon. Causes?

NauseaFor the last three days I have been throwing up everything I eat I throw up but it only happens at night sometimes in the afterboon whats wrong with me
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Poorna Chandra K.S 7 hours later
Hi and thanks for the query.

Postprandial vomiting may be because of -

1) GI causes like gastric or duodenal ulcer, hypomotility of the stomach or esophagus and conditions like achalasia or high gut obstruction.
2) As a reflex to any painful disease like cholecystitis, pancreatitis, uretric colic, appendicitis and so on
3) Systemic illnesses like renal dysfunction and uremia, hepatitis.

These can be differentiated by a good history (onset, precipitant, associated symptoms, content of vomitus), examination and some investigations (like xray, serum creatinine, sodium, potassium, liver function tests).

I would suggest you to get examined by your physician and get these investigations done to arrive at diagnosis. Treatment will follow according to cause.

I hope, I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you have no follow up queries.