Nausea, dizziness, palpitations, ECG done, right axis deviation detected. Symptoms related to deviation?

Pediatrician, Infectious Diseases
I am 31 years old, and normally fit and well. I have been unwell now for 2 weeks with nausea, dizziness, fatigue and being light headed, along with palpations with occasional missed beats. I have had bloods done and im awaiting results. They also did a pregnancy test which came back negative. They did an ecg which showed normal sinus rhythm, however i noticed that it said right axis deviation 92º. Could this right axis deviation have anything to with these symptoms I have been having. I cannot do my normal daily activities as I am to exhausted, and occasionally i become slightly short of breath when talking. Please Help.
Posted Sat, 5 May 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Hema Yadav 37 minutes later
Hello ,

Your Ecg is showing sinus rhythm that means your heart beats are regular .

Right axis deviation means that there is shift in the flow of impulse which normally is -30°To +90 °
Your axis being 92° could be considered normal if you had no cardiac or respiratory symptoms.In fact it is a normal finding in children and tall thin adults .

Therefore it is reported as normal.

But in a person having shortness of breath and palpitations , dizziness, the following cardiac causes should be ruled out.

1.Myocardial infarction-MI i.e. heart attack
2.Conduction defects of heart
3.Chronic lung disease

So in your case your symptoms and this deviation could be associated and for that your need to consult a cardiologist.He can conduct few tests like 2 D Echocardiogram, Treadmill test, few blood test and come to a conclusion .

Your need not panic since your clinical condition is not very bad and as you have already started with investigation and once diagnosed treatment can be started soon.

The picture will be more clear once your test results are available.

Hope I have been of some help .

I will be available for your follow up queries.
Thank you