Nausea, diarrhea and severe itching on the body. No rashes, Could it be allergy?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
Is there a wierd virus going around with symptoms of itching all over the body with no rash? I've had these symptoms for about 9 days. This began with nausea that lasted half a day. Another day-several days later I had diarrhea.
Yes I know it could be allergy and have looked at all of that. Yes I know it could be dry skin-it's well lubricated. If there is a itch virus I want to know about it.
Posted Sat, 28 Apr 2012 in Asthma and Allergy
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 1 hour later
Generalized viral infections do sometimes produce a wide variety of symptoms including fever, diarrhea and itching all over the body.
If dry skin is ruled out then allergy or thyroid disturbances might also cause these symptoms.
You can apply calamine lotion and a steroid(cortisone) based antiseptic cream on the area for symptomatic relief.
You can also take Benadryl or Actifed orally for the itching.
In case your symptoms are persistent i encourage you to visit your dermatologist for a proper evaluation.
I hope this answers your query effectively.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.