Nausea, burping, done endometrial ablation, stitch in chest when running. Any idea?

I am feeling nauseous all day long with a lot of burping. My husband had a vasectomy and I have had a endometrial ablation so I think we can rule out pregnancy. The nausea comes and goes throughout the day. I have also started getting a stitch in my chest when I run. I am very active, working out 5 times a week and have been so so for a long time. Don't know if they are related. I am a vegetarian. Not overweight, normal cholesterol. Any idea?
Posted Wed, 3 Oct 2012 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
The symptoms which you have described can occur possibly be due to acute gastritis, peptic ulcer disease, hiatus hernia (in this a part of the stomach goes above the diaphragm – the muscular partition of chest and abdomen), acute inflammation of the gall bladder due to gallstones (cholecystitis).

An ultrasound should be done to rule out the possibility of gall bladder disease.

It makes sense to consult a gastroenterologist for the same .

Drugs like omeprazole and antacids along with prokinetic drugs like domperidone/itopride should help you in improving the symptoms.
1. Avoid oily and spicy food.Also reduce tea, coffee, alcohol , smoking.Drink at least 2 litres of water everyday.
2. Avoid having pickles, spicy chutneys, vinegar etc. in your food
3. Make a habit to have your last meal two to three hours before you go to bed .
4. Drink a glass of milk everyday. Milk is also very helpful in relieving acidity
5.Have watermelons, coconut water, bananas and cucumbers in your daily diet. Watermelon juice is very helpful to cure acidity.
6.Acidity can also be prevented by consuming vegetables such as drumsticks, beans, pumpkin, carrot, cabbage, capsicum, spring onion etc.

Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Nausea, burping, done endometrial ablation, stitch in chest when running. Any idea? 3 hours later
Thank you for your reply. I do not drink dairy milks, only soy or nut milks. Would that still help? I have a previously scheduled appt with my primary doctor on 9/25. Would you advise me to move that up or is it okay to wait?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 55 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
Even if you avoid milk, the cahnces of gastritis and indigestion are there. You can start with over the counter omeprazole and domperidone for symptomatic relief in addition to the lifestyle modifications till the physician's appointment.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Nausea, burping, done endometrial ablation, stitch in chest when running. Any idea? 32 hours later
What is the brand name for the medicines you recommend? I didn't see anything with those names at the pharmacy.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 35 minutes later
For omeprazole, you can have Losec or Prilosec. For domperidone you can ask for Motilium or Demezol.