Nausea and high fever after lunch. Residual leakage after repair of heart valve. Related?

I have had a heart valve repaired, but still have some residual leakage. Today, I became very ill after lunch, and have nausea, a temp of 101.2, and I am concerned it could infect my valve.
Posted Wed, 11 Apr 2012 in Valvular Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Aparna Kohli 2 hours later

The infection that you are currently suffering from could possibly lead to infective endocarditis. I would suggest that you see your treating physician as soon as possible so that you can be evaluated completely and prescribed appropriate therapy.

Further evaluation in terms of blood cultures and echocardiography may be warranted of your physician suspects infective endocarditis.

Prophylactic antibiotics may be warranted if there is a chance of contracting infective endocarditis.

I hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer if there are no further queries.