Nausea and dizziness. Having PCOS. Pregnancy test came negative. Medical cure for this?

I've been feeling nausea every morning, since my period ended, I thought I was pregnant because of the way I had my cycle, which I was only bleeding when I wiped. I took a pregnancy test and it was negative. I do have borderline pcos. sometimes I feel nausea and dizzy throughout day
Posted Mon, 11 Nov 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
pregnancy is unlikely

Detailed Answer:

You have done a pregnancy test and it is negative. It is unlikely that you are pregnant, and perhaps the PCOS problem is presenting itself now.

It would be ideal for you to get an ultrasound scan of the uterus and the ovaries. This would rule out both pregnancy and PCOS, whichever is currently existing. You could fix an appointment with your doctor for the same.

You could also do a serum beta HCG test to rule out pregnancy. This is a blood test.

In the meanwhile, you could take plenty of fruit juices orally to replenish the electrolytes and water.

Take adequate rest as well.

I would be interested to know the date of your last menstrual period and your age to give you specific response.

Follow-up: Nausea and dizziness. Having PCOS. Pregnancy test came negative. Medical cure for this? 3 minutes later
Oct 9th-14, and I am 30
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 8 minutes later
Brief Answer:
too early to predict pregnancy

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for getting back to me with the details.

Since you have had your last period from Oct 9 to 14, it is highly unlikely for you to be pregnant now. Also, it would be too early to confirm on anything at this point.

In addition, a urine pregnancy test done this early would usually be negative.

In my view, you should wait for the expected date of your next periods. If it is delayed, you may proceed further with repeat urine pregnancy test and the ultrasound scan.

Hope this gives you a clear picture of what is happening.