Myopic, working long hours at PC. Please suggest eye drops to make eyes cool and wet. Also tips to reduce power.

Please suggest me some eye drop for make my eye cool and wet . I am wearing specs with -1.75 number Also suggest me some tip for reducing my eye number, I am working on PC with more than 10 hr a day.
Posted Sun, 6 May 2012 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Mihir Shah 35 hours later

There are a number of eye drops available. I would suggest you to use 'Refresh tears' eye drops three times a day.You can use these drops as long as required because they are preservative free and are free from side effects.

You have mild degree myopia(-1.75 power).You should avoid any kind of near and close work for long hours.This will help you to gradually decrease your power.

If you spend a lot of time at the computer or focusing on any one thing, you sometimes forget to blink and your eyes can get fatigued. Try the 20-20-20 rule: Every 20 minutes, look away about 20 feet in front of you for 20 seconds. This can help reduce eyestrain.

Hope this information helps you and your eyes get better.

Hope i have answered your query.I will be available for follow up.

Best regards,
Dr.Mihir Shah