My wife undergone through a periscopic surgery because of endometriosis

Question
My wife undergone through a periscopic surgery because of endometriosis cyst.During laproscopy it was observed that her large intestine is attached to the buyers which were separated by the surgon at that time.Doctor also performed dnc and send the tissue for tb test.Now received the report.it is ticked at detected.can you please tell me the reason for this disease and is it curable.
Posted Wed, 6 Dec 2017 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 21 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes,it is curable.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Thanks for trusting hcm about your health care.
I have gone through your history and reports and it shows mycobacterium tuberculosis.
It is caused by tuberculosis bacteria and it is curable disease with the treatment of antitubercular drugs.
There are four medicines for tuberculosis.
Hope found useful, feel free to ask more information.
Good luck.

Follow-up: My wife undergone through a periscopic surgery because of endometriosis 26 minutes later
can you please suggest some specialist for this in XXXXXXX ncr.how long it takes to cure.Do we need to take precautions during intercorse and what other precautions are required.What may be the causes for affecting with this bacteria

Answered by Dr. Richa Agarwal 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
You can contact to any good general physician.

Detailed Answer:
Hello dear,
Sorry for delay in my response.
But tuberculosis is common disease and you can contact any good general physician to treat it.
Yes,it is totally curable disease and you have to take treatment for 9-12 months.
You can go for sexual intercourse because it is not sexually transmitted diseases( condom should be used) but you have to go for x-ray chest and routine blood test to rule out primary site of it.
Before starting the treatment get your liver function test done and repeat after starting the treatment.
Low immunity is one of the cause of affected by this bacteria.
Hope found useful.
Good luck.