My wife is in her 9th month. Today she had

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2015
Mar 2015
Excellent

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine
Question
My wife is in her 9th month. Today she had growth scan. PFA the report and let me know ur views.
Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in null

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 37 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Low lying placenta needs to be confirmed

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
I have reviewed the report.
It shows a normal growth and appropriate weight of the fetus at this gestational age.
Placenta dipping into lower segment means the lower edge of the placenta is in the lower uterine segment.
However, the low lying placenta causes problems in normal delivery only if the lower edge is less than 2.5 cm from the internal os of the cervix.
This distance can be easily measured in the ultrasound and should be done to decide the mode of the delivery.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist

Follow-up: My wife is in her 9th month. Today she had 21 minutes later
Its really very helpfull.

Some time back in her TIFFA scan she had water in baby's kidneys and in 7th month scan doctor said she did not saw any after that this is the scan we had so a little bit worried.

Is baby position gud for normal delivery?

with this scan doctor suggested HIV, HCV, HBV, RBS which we had in 3rd month are they required now?

Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
RBS needs to be repeated

Detailed Answer:
Hi back dear,

Normal delivery is possible if the lower margin of the placenta is 2.5 cm above the internal os.

Baby's position is good for normal vaginal delivery.

RBS needs to be repeated, rest can be skipped if Negative earlier in pregnancy.

Dr. Deepti Verma