My wife delivered baby girl on 2nd September 2017.she has

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
My wife delivered baby girl on 2nd September 2017.she has been hospitalized for 4days from 24th October to 28th October 2017.We have been told that the heart pumping is low.
I would like to know how severe is this problem and what are all the precautionary measures to be taken.
is further hospitalization required now to cure this.
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details provided by you i would like to tell you that its basically a case of peripartum cardiomyopathy which sometime can happen in young females after pregnancy (mostly first pregnancy).

Dont worry as she will recover from the problem in period of couple of months. Few precautions needs to be taken which includes

1. Taking all the medicines on time and regularly as prescribed by the doctor.
2. Water intake should be restricted to not more than 1.5 ltrs per day.
3. Low salt diet should be preffered.

Most likely there wont be any need of hospitalization.

I hope this information will relieve your worries.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap