My son is six month 11 days . I started

Excellent

Pediatrician
Question
My son is six month 11 days . I started with rice,moong daal , rice and moong daal kitchdi , apple puree, banana. Which fruits , dal and vegetables i should give now to him .
Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
A step by step approach needs to be taken

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

You have done the right thing by starting with thick liquids like moong dal water. Also give fruit juices, gradually move over to semi-solids or mashed foods, and subsequently start with pounded food. Consider your ABCs - applesauce, bananas, and cereal (rice, biscuits dipped in milk, or roti softened with milk/water). Boiled rice and dal with vegetables and give in mashed form. Gradually increase the amount and frequency. Introduce one new food item per week and stick to it at least for the week.

As of now you can give:
* Mashed banana.
* Stewed apple.
* Well steamed and pureed vegetables like carrots, sweet potato, pumpkin, french beans.
* Pulse soup (moong dal ka pani)
* Rice Water (Chawal ka pani)
* Homemade single-grain cereals like rice, barley, oats mixed with breastmilk or formula milk
* Steamed and pureed fruits like pear, avocado, peach, chikoo.
* You can try the homemade vegetable soup for your baby.

Hopefully that clears your queries.