My son is 6 months 10 days old . Have

Pediatrician, Cardiology
Question
My son is 6 months 10 days old . Have started apple puree in the morning. I give half apple puree now to my son. But, he gets hungry again in 15 minutes and demand feeding . Is this normal or should i increase apple puree quantity.
Posted Tue, 28 Nov 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Better to give some cereals along with

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Thanks for asking on this platform

If he demands more you can give. But again you have to observe whether baby is tolerating well or not as you have just started the feed.
You can also give cereal like rice water and pulses like dal water along with Apple puree. Mashed potato can also be given.
Start items one by one after(mainly for cereals) at an interval of 3-4 days so that you can notice if baby is intolerant to any particular food item. It is better to give wheat in last.
Continue breast feed on demand.
There can be mild change in bowel pattern like increase in frequency of stool but you need not to worry unless it is significant.
I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.