My son has heat boils on Face, Head, Back, shoulder

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jan 2014
Jan 2014

Dermatologist
Question
My son has heat boils on Face, Head, Back, shoulder bone. Day by day, the size of the heat boil is increasing also it is spreading across.
Applied - Benzoyl Peroxide 5%, regularly and the growth has stopped.
Posted Mon, 4 Dec 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 44 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Add oral antiacne antibiotics

Detailed Answer:
Hello. thank you.

I am Dr. kakkar (Dermatologist and Venerelogist). I have gone through your query and I have noted your concern.

Perhaps he has inflammatory acne. In addition to the topical benzoyl peroxide gel I also suggest an oral antiacne antibiotic e.g either Doxycycline 100mg or Lymecycline 408mg Or Azithromycin 500mg. Oral antibiotics are more effective in inflammatory acne.
These are prescription medications and I suggest you to kindly talk to your local practitioner regarding a prescription for the same.