My son has a wart or bump on his neck.

Question
My son has a wart or bump on his neck. Should he see a dermotologist about his?
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Zotaj Antoneta 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
It is a skin horn and needs to be removed by a dermatologist

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking at healthcaremagic.

I carefully read your question and understand your concern.

The picture you have uploaded gives a immage of what we call a skin horn. It generally starts on a skin bump and is difficult to be removed other than medically and due to the recommendations that the lesion at the base should get a biopsy, than the proper doctor to do it is a dermatologist.

Most of the times the lesion is removed and biopsy is normal and nothing to worry, rarely a more important lesion can be found with biopsy and that might need further medical attention.

So to conclude I would say:
1. have the horn and the lesion underneath it by a dermatologist
2. the lesion needs biopsy according to recommendations

I hope this is helpful and answers to your question but please feel free to reply in case anymore clarifications are needed on this.

Kind regards

Antoneta Zotaj, MD