My son Advay has been getting colds along with ear

Excellent

ENT Specialist
Question
My son Advay has been getting colds along with ear infection regularly. He had 6 to 7 colds with ear infection in 2 years. It starts with cold followed by ear infection and sometimes he has respiratory issues. He does not have learning development problems or hearing problems. Will ear tubes help him ? Do you think it is necessary that he should get ear tubes ?
Posted Fri, 1 Dec 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Chronic adenoiditis with eustachian tube blockage

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to healthcaremagic and thanks for putting up the query.
Your child is probably having enlarged adenoids leading to frequent cold and eustachian tube blockage that is causing ear problems.
You should get a x ray nasopharynx lateral view for adenoids done and send me so that I can suggest you better.
Sometimes operating the adenoids only relieve all the symptoms with no need for grommet insertion but in few cases grommet insertion is required along with adenoid surgery.
I would advise you not to go for only grommet insertion as it will not treat the exact cause for the disease.
Follow up with the required information.
Thanks and regards