My lips are turning black. How to cure it?

My lips are turning black?
Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Prasad Akole 59 minutes later
Dear friend, welcome to Healthcaremagic!
I am Dr. Prasad Akole (Critical Care Expert- and am glad to address to your query here.

Causes of blackening lips can be use of reaction to lipsticks/lip creams, smoking or addison’s disease. Excess of caffeine, tea can also affect. Sometimes bluish lips can be felt as blackish and may be due to low oxygenation (cyanosis).
You have not mentioned any details like age, sex, other symptoms, medications, past illness etc.
Please add details.

Do you smoke or drink too much coffee?

I hope to have answered your query satisfactorily. I would be glad to answer any further queries. Take care and please keep me informed of your progress at
Good Luck!

As it helps us to improve continuously, may I request you to write a rating review before you ‘accept’ and ‘close’ the query.
Thank you!!