Ask a Urologist   »  

My inquiry is about my 51 year-old father, he's recovering

Excellent

Question
My inquiry is about my 51 year-old father, he's recovering from a recent UTI. He's still experiencing frequent urination and pain in his external urinary meatus . He described the pain as a wound that's getting bigger. He also tested negative for any STD. Please help .
Posted Fri, 24 Nov 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Supportive care and symptomatic relief.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Urinary tract infections even treated, the symptoms of burning micturition and meatus discomfort stays for a while. Treatment is mostly supportive with adequate hydration, pain killers and topical anesthetic gels can be tried for meatus pain relief. I would also like you to get him evaluated for prostate as prostatitis can have a radiating pain to meatus too. Enlarged prostate might be the cause of UTI in first place. Consult his urologist and let them decide what is best for him.

I hope it helps. Take good care of your father and yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan