My husband nearly choked to death in a restaurant. A

Question
My husband nearly choked to death in a restaurant. A waitress administered heimlich and he started breathing again. He looks okay but says his upper arms are throbbing
Posted Mon, 20 Nov 2017 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
NO need to worry!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I commend the waitress for undertaking such a heroic act. It has saved the life of your husband.

This act is conclusive and he needs no further medical attention. The throbbing pain is probably related to the applied pressure during the act. I will recommend 1000mg of tylenol at most thrice daily for pain relief.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be. In addition, keep me updated with his progress.