My husband just told me he has been having pain

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017
Excellent

Cardiologist
Question
My husband just told me he has been having pain in the left side of abdomen for last three nights. Woke him up at least once but is gone in AM. BP right now is 160/93. I am coN
cerned about an abdominal aortic anuerysm. HE HAS THE PAIN NOW BUT IS IN NO ACUTE DISTRESS. sHOULD WE GO TO er OR CALL dR IN AM?
Posted Wed, 6 Dec 2017 in Abdominal Pain

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 46 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Better get him evaluated as early possible

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details i would like to suggest you that as he is having recurrent pain abdomen so its advisable that you should take to to ER directly instead of waiting for an appointment.

As we dont know the underlying cause of his pain so its better to get evaluated as early as possible. Also his blood pressure is also towards the higher side which also need proper control.

Most likely a CT abdomen will clear the doubts regarding abd aortic aneurysm.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap