My husband has symptoms that make me think he has

Gastroenterologist
Question
My husband has symptoms that make me think he has an ulcer. He refuses to see his physician, and is trying to ease emotional stress by sleeping for hours through the day. He does not hesitate to drive me anywhere for diagnoses and treatments, but he apparently doesn't want to do the same for himself.
Having had a bleeding duodenal ulcer, I know the dangers of going without treatment. My gastroenterologist is among the best in Arizona, and I have every confidence in him. But I cannot get my husband to make an appointment with him. Please give me some succinct information that I can print out for my husband on the dangers of avoiding treatment. Thank you.
Posted Fri, 1 Dec 2017 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Proper management should be done.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone very carefully through your query.

Complication of peptic ulcer disease includes bleeding, perforation, penetration, and gastric outlet obstruction. Although perforation is a much less frequent complication than bleeding, bleeding from the ulcer can lead to anemia. An untreated ulcer can swell or scar can block your digestive tract. It can also perforate your stomach or small intestine, infecting your abdominal cavity. That causes a condition known as peritonitis.

Therefore, to prevent peritonitis or other serious complication like massive bleeding etc proper management and diagnosis should be done.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Thanks!

Follow-up: My husband has symptoms that make me think he has 53 minutes later
Thank you very much. I will show your answer to my husband, and do everything possible to make an appointment for him. This is very helpful. XXXXXXX C. Barr

Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 36 minutes later
Brief Answer:
most welcome

Detailed Answer:
You're most welcome,

Regards!