,My husband has reflux last night he woke up choking

General Surgeon
Question
,My husband has reflux last night he woke up choking on his food and throwing up. Now he has a high fever and sound delirious. Should he go to the hospital?
Posted Sat, 25 Nov 2017 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Manjunath Metri 9 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Yes, better to visit a hospital..

Detailed Answer:
Hi and welcome to HealthcareMagic..
I thank you for posting your query here and I am definitely going to help you out..

I read your question completely and have understood it well enough..
Please note..

1. If you are sure, he's delirious then yes. Always better to consult hospital doctors.

2. Even vomiting several times can cause loss of fluids, and this has to be replenished soon..
Can't wait for long time..

3. He also has fever and hence, he needs further evaluation on why he is developing all these symptoms..

4. Without delirious state, fever, we could have waited with proton pump inhibitors, some antacids. But, now it's better you take him to the hospital.

Hope this helps you..
In case you need further assistance, please contact me back..
Or else, you can close the question and rate.
Take care..