Ask a Urologist   »  

My husband has a kidney stone and visited the ER

Question
My husband has a kidney stone and visited the ER 2 days ago for pain and they did a Cat scan and said it is just below the kidney in the tube going to the bladder. He had to go in at 7:20 this morning again because of the pain. He has taken 100 oz water and 1 cup of mint tea since we got home at 9:30 am and has only been able to pass urine two times and only a total of approx 1 cup urine. What do they do when you can't pass urine?
Posted Sat, 2 Dec 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems

Answered by Dr. Prof. Kunal Saha 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
A catheter is usually placed

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Health care magic.

In case one cannot pass urine, the source of obstruction (if any), needs to be identity admit has to be bridged or remediated accordingly. Usually they put a catheter so that the urine can be passed without difficulty.

Let me know if I could help further.