My husband had a short lived episode this afternoon. He

Excellent

Question
My husband had a short lived episode this afternoon. He got dizzy, clammy, then nauseated. He said that he didn't have any jaw or arm pain. He then had a BM and also threw up some phlegm that probably had little pieces of his lunch in it. He had eaten a chicken sandwich perhaps an hour previous to the episode. After he threw up, then he was better but doesn't feel totally right quite yet. Is this something we should be concerned about? He wondered if it was food poisoning. Thank you!
Posted Thu, 30 Nov 2017 in null

Answered by Dr. Panagiotis Zografakis 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
sounds like food poisoning

Detailed Answer:

although a short description of the event is not enough for a diagnosis, it does sound like food poisoning. Food poisoning usually presents with nausea and vomiting relatively soon after eating the rotten food. May continue with more vomiting and sometimes also diarrhea.

Other causes are also possible though particularly if there are suggestive symptoms. For example chest pain or pressure with vomiting may indicate acute myocardial infarction (heart attack). Severe upper gastrointestinal pain and relentless vomiting may be caused by acute pancreatitis. And so on...

So in conclusion, such symptoms are usually caused by food poisoning. If the symptoms persist, then perhaps your doctor should assess his condition.

I hope you find my comments helpful!
Kind Regards!