My husband got flu like systems on way home from

Question
My husband got flu like systems on way home from Alaska three years ago. He recovered & a week later developed the "most severe headache he had ever had" The right side of his face started drooping & the uvula swelled twice it's normal side, so we made a trip to ER where they did a cat-scan & other tests for a stroke, etc. All tests were negative.
The initial systems eventually left but he was left with hypersensitivity on his right side.
He has had nerve testing, heart tests, MRI on head & neck. All tests have come back negative even though his neck MRI did indicate there could be slight arthritis.
In the meantime, he had to have a total hip on his right side & also a torn rotator cuff on the right side.
We were hopeful that the pain would ease after those repairs. The arm & hand have continued to tingle & burn.The leg has been the most painful & had switched from tingling & burning to deep muscle type pain.
That is the most excruciating pain.
Having said all of that, I am asking for insight as to what type of tests or Doctor we should seek in order to get to the bottom of the condition.
Posted Tue, 5 Dec 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Suma Parinam 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Timely referrals

Detailed Answer:

I understand the state of your husband. You seem to have undergone all possible tests.
At this stage if I were you, I would find a caring and experienced Internal medicine , who has holistic approach. he should be doctor to treat his symptoms along with other allied health care professionals.
He should be willing to refer to neurologist, rheumatologist and pain medicine doctor.
chiropractor, masseuse are also imp to keep symptoms at bay.