My hemoglobin is 11. Suggest some medicine, diet or shampoo to get thickness in hair

my age is 29 and my hair is getting thin , my hemoglobin is 11.please suggest some medicine or diet or shampoo to get my hair thick. i dont have any health related issues.
Posted Thu, 11 Oct 2012 in Hair Loss
Answered by Dr. Sudarshan 1 hour later
Hi dear ,

Thanks for writing in.

Cause of hair loss in your case can be Diffuse hair loss or Androgenetic alopecia.

Androgenetic alopecia manifests with thinning of hair , receding of frontal hairline ,
temporal bald patches.It has a family history of similar patterned hair loss in father/grandfather/mother.

Do you have any of this?

Second type is diffuse hair loss.In whic there is no specific pattern.Hair fall is only increased.Hair by appearance look normal .Stress , pollution, faulty diet and lifestyle, excessive use of hair cosmetics/dyes/colors, hair spa treatments/straitening procedures can cause hair loss.

Do you have any of these?

Hairs are indicator of general health.
When you improve general health hair loss will also decrease.

You can take multivitamin supplements containing zinc, biotin ,copper,amino acids etc they are building blocks for hair.

In general measures you should
- avoid stress, maintain good diet ,adequate sleep,regular exercise.Keeping good general health will add to treatment.

-Take one fruit every day.Take lemon juice and other citrous foods as they are XXXXXXX in vitamin C and anti oxidants.

-Do not comb when hairs are wet.

-Use widely spaced comb with rounded teeth(not sharp ends).

-Avoid hot water for bathing(use lukewarm water)

-Avoid hardening gels/ harsh colors/chemicals on scalp.

-Avoid direct sunexposure/heat/wind exposure to your hair.

-You can use nizoral shampoo for hair wash.

Please upload your photos of your scalp areas(2-3) with UPLOAD YOUR REPORTS section on right side of the page.

Photos will be further useful to provide specific advise.

Hope this helps you .
If you have any further queries feel free to ask them.

Dr Sudarshan