My frnd is having vitiligo which started at the age

Dermatologist
Question
My frnd is having vitiligo which started at the age of 6 in her.. now she is 33.. totally her skin turned white.. she have twin children. Her son is now 6 yrs.. A small white dot developed in his ocular region between his brows n eyes.. now its spread little more in ocular region..she consulted doctor n she s very much worried that her son will develop lesion like her.. what are the treatment methods to stop it's spreading n preventive measures
Posted Wed, 6 Dec 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Tacrolimus ointment and decapeptide molecule

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern.
Vitiligo is an autoimmune disease and it has a positive family history in 10-20 percent of persons.
A single patch of vitiligo can be treated.
If I was his treating doctor I would recommend you to apply topical calcineurin inhibitor like tacrolimus 0.01 percent ointment on the affected area in the morning and a decapeptide molecule like melbild lotion on the affected area at night followed by sunexposure for 10 minutes in the morning.
Besides this give him a balanced diet and don't worry.
These are prescription drugs and should be taken under the supervision of the doctor.
Dr Asmeet