My father is suffering from gastritis and stiffness in shoulders

Feb 2014

Orthopaedic Surgeon, Joint Replacement
hi. my father is feeling gaestric and stiffness in shoulders for some time now.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 3 hours later
Brief Answer: Seems to be frozen shoulder. Detailed Answer: Hello XXXXXXX Thanks for your query. Although it isn't possible to diagnose your father condition without an examination and a few tests, his history is suggestive of Adhesive capsulitis(Frozen shoulder) or Calcific tendonitis. These conditions are easily managed by regular physiotherapy ( Range of motion exercices,stretching and strengthening exercises). Over-the-counter pain relievers, such as aspirin and ibuprofen (Advil, Motrin), can help reduce pain and inflammation associated with this condition. I would suggest getting this evaluated by an orthopedician nearby for an accurate diagnosis and appropriate management. Your doctor after diagnosing the condition might refer to him a physical therapist.A physical therapist can teach him stretching exercises to help maintain as much mobility in his shoulder as possible I do hope that you have found something helpful and I will be glad to answer any further query. Take care
Follow-up: My father is suffering from gastritis and stiffness in shoulders 23 hours later
for stomach upset like diarrhea/dysentery, suggest medicine other than tinidozole or metrozyl. as having these medicines he is having bad taste in his mouth. kindly tell any alternative medicine.
Answered by Dr. Saurabh Gupta 14 hours later
Brief Answer: Described below. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXXXXX you can treat it with an over-the-counter medicine. Common brand names include Pepto-Bismol, Imodium A-D, and Kaopectate, which are available as liquids or tablets. Follow the instructions on the package. In addition, he should drink at least six 8-ounce glasses of fluid per day. Instead of drinking liquids with meals, drink liquids between meals. Drink small amounts of fluids frequently. Hope this discussion was helpful. If you have no further query, please close the discussion. I will appreciate you reviews about this service. Wishing him good health. Take care.