Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
157 Doctors are Online

My father is getting a lot of pain and irritation

Feb 2016
User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

General Surgeon
Practicing since : 1984
Answered : 11392 Questions
My father is getting a lot of pain and irritation after passing stool. His rectum pains a lot. To whom should I contact Gasentrologist or colorectal doctor.
Also what can be the solution to it. He went to a physician and taking medicines for getting loose stool but it did not help
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 15 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please give details and post actual reports if done

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for your query, albeit short and specific.
Noted the history about your Father and understood the concerns.
Please give some details for me to assist better:
What is the age of your Father?
Since when is this problem going on?
Details about stool: color, consistency (soft or hard), any bleeding, mucus?
Which medicines have been advised for getting loose stools?
Any other medical problems like diabetes or hypertension?

Awaiting for your details.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask a Gastroenterologist

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor