My daughter 3 week old is having rashes initially it

Pediatrician
Question
My daughter 3 week old is having rashes initially it was there only 1 near eyes but now it has spread all over her forehead and ears as well please suggest
Posted Wed, 22 Nov 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Not a cause for concern.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.

I have gone carefully through your query and have checked the attached images. Let me assure you that the rashes are nothing concerning. They are called milia and are caused by deposition of dead skin cells underneath the skin. They (and other forms of rashes) may occur in the first 3-6 months of life. They are not a cause of concern and would fade away eventually. Nothing needs to be done about it.

Let me know if I could be of any further assistance.

Follow-up: My daughter 3 week old is having rashes initially it 2 hours later
By when will they fall off? And will they occur to other parts of the body as well? And it is spreading day by day

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry

Detailed Answer:
They will not fall off. They will gradually go away. They may be there for a few weeks to few months. You need not worry. They usually occur over face but can occur over other parts of the body. You need not worry about the spread.