My daughter (2 years 8 months old) has been refusing

Pediatrician, Cardiology
Question
My daughter (2 years 8 months old) has been refusing to go pee for the last 2 days. She also has not had a bowel movement in 5 days. My physician told us to go to the ER because it was a weekend. The ER physician dismissed it to constipation. I did get her to pee at the hosptial. There were 2 small flakes/particles in her urine at the hospital. I was alarmed and had the doctor look at them. They were slightly curled, about 1/4 inch wide and 1/2 inch long. He said they could be dry poop. The doctor Gave her a suppository and sent us home. 9 hours later, she still refuses to pee. She has only peed 2 times in 48 hours. She is very uncomfortable. Could something more be wrong?
Posted Sun, 26 Nov 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Pradeep Kumar 29 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Most likely due to constipation, UTI should be ruled out

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for asking on this platform

I have gone through the query and do understand your concern.
After going through the details,to me it appears to be due to constipation.
Increased load on rectum causes pressure on the urinary tract and thus difficulty in passing urine.
As she has passed urine only twice in last 48 hours and not passed clear stool even once, I would like to get her to emergency for bowel wash or enema.
I hope after enema she will pass stool and that will make her more comfortable.
Give some laxative like sodium picosulphate for at least 15-20 days to make the bowel pattern regular. Give plenty of fluids to flush the urinary tract and it also helps in relieving the constipation.
I would also like to get a urine test done to rule out urinary tract infection as it is a very common associated problem particularly in female child.

I hope this helps.
Please let me know if you have any more questions.