My daughter’s urine routine test shows 4-5 hpf of pus

Pediatrician
Question
My daughter’s urine routine test shows 4-5 hpf of pus cells and nil bacteria. Does it indicate infection ? Can I give her cefolac syrup ?
Posted Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Child Health

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 22 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for asking on Healthcaremagic.

The pus cell count is not raised and therefore does not indicate infection. Treatment with cefolac is therefore not needed. Just ensure that she drinks a lot of water.

Follow-up: My daughter’s urine routine test shows 4-5 hpf of pus 1 hour later
I have uploaded her routine test report. Kindly advice. Thanks

Answered by Dr. Diptanshu Das 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not a cause for concern.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for uploading the report. It conveys the same information as the earlier one but thanks anyway. Give her plenty of water to drink. Antibiotics are not needed. You can give her some yogurt and probiotics.