My cat scan says this: SKELETAL STRUCTURES: There are postoperative

Question
My cat scan says this:

SKELETAL STRUCTURES: There are postoperative changes of the thoracolumbar spine.

What does this mean?
Thank you, Amy
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints

Answered by Dr. Shinas Hussain 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
No need to worry. These are normal findings following a spine surgery.

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for trusting Healthcaremagic!
I have gone through your query and I can understand your concerns.
Postoperative changes are nothing but normal physiological changes occurring after a major surgery.
In spine surgery, many alterations occurres in the immediate post op period and they are collectively called as postoperative changes. Vertebral endplate oedema and enhancement are quite common in thoracolumbar spine surgery. Absolutely no need to worry. Consult your spine surgeon if you develop pain or other symptoms.
Wishing you good health
Thanks