My boyfriend was kneed in the testicles and they are swollen and painful. What can he do?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My boyfriend's was kneed in the testicals and they are swollen and he's in a lot of pain. What can he do?
Posted Tue, 17 Apr 2012 in Testicle Problems
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later

An injury to testicles followed by pain and swelling is suggestive of hematoma formation. Cold compress to the area will take care of further bleeding right now.

He needs to be examined by his physician for possible infections and assessment of extent of injury.

Treatment includes adequate scrotal support, pain killers and oral antibiotics to avoid any infection. A collection of blood might need drainage under local anesthesia.

Please consult your primary physician for an early treatment.

I hope this answers your query effectively. In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Dr. Praveen Tayal.