My aunt had a mastectomy a couple of years back,

Question
My aunt had a mastectomy a couple of years back, and now it appears like a relapse. Of course, she is consulting specialists in XXXXXXX but I wanted a second opinion on her prognosis. Attaching her PET and other reports. Please review and let me know the prognosis.
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in Cancer

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 23 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Hello . Please attach reports

Detailed Answer:
Hello again. Please upload the pet ct , previous biopsy, ihc and treatment details so that i can give you a comprehensive review.
Thanks and regards.

Follow-up: My aunt had a mastectomy a couple of years back, 1 hour later
Hi, I have provided some attachments. Please review them.

Answered by Dr. Deepak Sundriyal 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hello. Prognosis depends upon marker status

Detailed Answer:
Hello again.

I have seen the reports..she has now a stage 4 disease. Her prognosis will depend upon ER PR HER2 MARKER status. For this a biopsy from tumor is required and these marker tests are carried out on it. If marker are positive, then patient can survive 3 to 4 years. If negative, then prognosis is poor.

Thanks and regards