My Husband has nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramping and diarrhea started

Question
My Husband has nausea, vomiting, abdominal cramping and diarrhea started last night. He is diabetic and is also on clozapine for a mood disorder. What can I give him to help reduce the symptoms?
Posted Tue, 5 Dec 2017 in Digestion and Bowels

Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Peptobismol and increased fluid intake!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about what your husband is experiencing. I recommend he drinks more water and also takes peptobismol for symptoms relief. I caution against taking any antidiarrheal medication such as loperamide as this is not appropriate though commonly used.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish your husband well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.