My Friends uncle 58 yrs has history of ECG-Frequent Monophasic

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Mar 2017
Mar 2017

Cardiologist
Question
My Friends uncle 58 yrs has history of ECG-Frequent Monophasic VPCS, Holter done Freq Monophasic VPC (more than 35% of Total Beats), No arrythmia, No worsening of VPC, doctor has planned to start on beta blocker therapy, 2DECHO- Good LV function, pls suggest is there any future risk involved what will be the risk , does he require further evaluation what needs to be done and is this a major concern
Posted Thu, 23 Nov 2017 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Bhanu Partap 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Please refer to the detailed answer below

Detailed Answer:
Hello

After going through the medical details provided by you i understand your concern i would like to tell you that as the patients is not having any symptoms as of now and its just the ecg and holter monitoring on which frequent VPC are getting noticed as he will do good with the help of medications which the doctor has already started.

Majority of the patients responds very well to beta blockers and there wont be any significant complications and the good thing is that his LV function is good.

Future risk includes development of arrythmias( not specific to this case as of now) which might require hospitalization.

I hope this information will answer your query.

Kind Regards
Dr Bhanu Partap