My Baby is having loose green colored motions for the past 15 days

Feb 2013

My Baby is having loose motions for the past 15 days. the color of the motion is green. The frequency is 15-20 times a day and the quntity of it is very less. The baby is active and no major symptom of loosing weight. She is 6 months old.
Posted Fri, 14 Mar 2014 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 15 hours later
Brief Answer: stool tests, ORS, oral probiotic and oral zinc. Detailed Answer: Hi XXXX, Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic. The loose stools of 15 to 20 times per day of 15 days duration with green color requires evaluation to look for the presence of infection. I suggest you to get her stool tested for stool routine and microscopy, stool for culture and sensitivity to look for the presence of infection and type of infection with the advice of Pediatrician. And give sips of oral rehydration solutions (ORS) to maintain hydration. And give breastfeeding frequently. Give an oral probiotic with the advice. And addition of an oral zinc preparation for the duration of 2 weeks will help to decrease the severity of diarrhea and it is very much useful in diarrhoea of 2 weeks duration. Once the stool reports come, an oral antibiotic may be suggested depending on the presence of bacterial infection. Therefore I advice you to consult the Pediatrician for clinical evaluation and investigation and to prescribe oral probiotic, zinc. Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know. Regards.